The Department of Work and Pensions indiciated that it was unable to give detailed figures in response to my request.
Total number of actions received between May 1st 2010 and May 1st 2011: approx 8,500
Number of letters: approx. 1,400
Number of postcards: approx. 2,800
Number of emails: approx. 4,300
Breakdown by topic and organisation: The Department of Work and Pension was unable to give me a detailed breakdown by action but said that they’d received significant numbers of actions from the following organisations;
- Reform of Disability Living Allowance – Mencap, National Autistic Society, and RNIB
- Reform of Child Support – Gingerbread
- “Make welfare work for mental health” – organisation(s) not identified
- “Hardest Hit” campaign – organisation(s) not identified
- “Mind the Gap” (Poverty) – UNICEF
- Remploy (“Chopper Clegg”) – organisation(s) not identified
- Anti slavery/domestic slavery – International Labour Organisation
Information taken from Freedom of Information request returned on 31 May 2011 and is taken from a list of information provided by Department of Work and Pension .
More about the ‘Campaigns Total’ project here. Be first to get the information from other departments by subscribing to the site using the box on the right, adding https://thoughtfulcampaigner.org/ to your RSS feed or following me on twitter (@mrtombaker)